The following types of records are maintained by the Ashe County Register of Deeds Office:

  • Birth Records
  • Delayed Birth Records
  • Death Records
  • Marriage Records

The only persons by law that may request a certified copy of a vital record are:

  • Yourself
  • Your Spouse
  • Your mother/father
  • Your brother/sister
  • Your child/grandchildren
  • Your grandmother/grandfather
  • A person seeking information for legal determination of personal or property rights (proof required)
  • An authorized agent, attorney, or legal representative of the person named on the vital record

Note: Uncertified copies are available to the public.

You may receive a certified/uncertified copy of your vital record by making an online request here.

To obtain a certified copy you may print an Application for Certified Copy of Vital Record and mail it to our office along with a copy of your unexpired drivers license or other photo I. D. and a check or money order for the certified copy fee of $10.00 to:

Ashe County Register of Deeds Office
150 Government Circle, Suite 2300
Jefferson, NC 28640