Parks and Recreation
Click Here to download the Ashe County Comprehensive Parks and Recreation Master Plan.
The mission of Ashe County Parks & Recreation is to provide a range of quality wellness and recreational programs that enrich the quality of life for all our citizens and visitors. The department will strive to design programs that create tourism and encourage long-term economic stability and growth for the community.
Family Central Facility
626 Ashe Central School Road Jefferson, NC 28640
- Gym (full size gym with wood playing surface)
- Fitness Center (weight room and cardio equipment) *Free Secure Wi-fi available.
- Indoor batting cage
- Outdoor Sports Complex with includes youth baseball/softball fields, three batting cages, and a regulation size football/soccer field
- Paved fitness walking path
Ashe County Park
527 Ashe Park Road Jefferson, NC 28640
- High Country Disc Golf Course (18 hole championship course)
- Click here for a virtual tour of the disc golf course provided by DiscGolf Adventures.
- Youth baseball/softball field
- Two adult softball fields
- Fish Pond stocked with trout and catfish
- Three youth playgrounds
- Outdoor paved basketball court
- Three picnic shelters
- High Country Skate Park (helmet and safety gear are required for use)
- Five restroom facilities located throughout the park for your convenience
- An excellent area for fitness walking
- Plenty of open grassy areas to enjoy a picnic lunch with your family
- Free Secure Wi-Fi throughout park
Visit Ashe County Parks and Recreation's website to learn more about the services provided and upcoming events.