Guidelines for Recycling
Ashe County Convenience Centers, Ashe County Landfill, and Dogget Road Recycling Center
The following items can be placed into the single-stream recycling units:
- Plastics (Clean Food and Beverage Containers) *Items with recycling numbers 1,2,4,5, & 7
- Metal (Aluminum & Steel Cans, Metal Lids Tops & Jar Rings, Clean/Dry Aluminum Foil)
- Paper and Non-Corrugated Cardboard (Newspapers & Magazines, Junk Mail, Office Paper & Books)
The following materials must be placed in the other recycling bins.
They must be separated by type and put into the appropriate containers.
- Cardboard – Corrugated cardboard only.
- Glass – Clear glass, brown glass, green glass, no glass from windows, baking dishes, or drinking glasses.
- Wood Pallets*
- Electronic Recycling*
- White Goods*
- Used Oil Filters*
- Used Tires*
*These items are banned from the landfill. Wooden pallets must be recycled at the landfill itself but all other items can be recycled at any of the convenience centers.