Guidelines for Recycling
Ashe County Convenience Centers, Ashe County Landfill and Dogget Road Recycling Center
The following materials can be placed in the recycling bins
They must be separated by type and put into the appropriate containers.
- Cardboard – Corrugated cardboard only. Non-Corrugated cardboard cannot be accepted.
- Newspaper – Newspaper, magazines, telephone book, hard back books (cover must be torn off)
- Glass – Clear glass, brown glass, green glass, no glass from windows, baking dishes, or drinking glasses.
- Plastic* – Clear plastic (no food wrap), Recycling numbers 1 through 7
- Aluminum* – Aluminum cans
- Steel can/metal – Coffee cans, some dog food cans, soup cans
- Wood Pallets*
- Electronic Recycling*
- White Goods*
- Used Oil Filters*
- Used Tires*
*These items are banned from the landfill. Wooden pallets must be recycled at the landfill itself but all other items can be recycled at any of the convenience centers.